I love local art and design and supporting local artists. This is the place to see what’s hot in the handmade world right now. And when I say handmade, you will not believe your eyes at some of the creations at this event.
I have a long list of vendors to at least stop and look at. Here they are:
- Bison Bookbinding & Letterpress
- Bossa Nova Baby
- Bread and Badger (I love the mustache mugs and drinking glasses.
- Common Object Jewelry (Check out this Barrel O Monkey necklace.)
- Creation Station (I need some of these pipets for my Pilot Parallel Calligraphy Pens.)
- Dotted Line Jewels (I bought a pair of earrings last year and I LOVE them!)
- Down To The Wire Designs (They make some really interesting wedding bands.)
- Erin MacLeod
- Flutter Budget
- Hello Again Monsters (I think my nieces & nephews would love these. Heck! I’d love one too!)
- Idle Hands Design (I love the mustache earrings.)
- Ilfant Press
- I Make Cute Stuff (Comic book necklaces — awesome!)
- Katy And Zucchini (Love the “Boobies” onesie.)
- Mama K’s (Clay that doesn’t smell like clay? Now this I’ve gotta smell!)
- Midori (Such lovely ribbon.)
- Monkey Sock Monkey (I love you!)
- Mugwump (Bought a Dick & Jane bag last year and received many compliments, just carrying it around the fair! Almost kept it for myself!)
- Old School Stationer’s (Letterpress, need I same more?)
- Rachel Ann Austin (She was there last year.)
- Schmancy (Because this looks like my dog, Kosmo.)
- Secret Stash Sea Salts (Great gift idea for the foodie and chef.)
- Slow Loris (They make original drawing, hand screened t-shirts.)
- Sycamore Street Press (I’ve been wanting one of their letterpress frames for over a year now.)
- Ugly Baby Shower Art (Totally unnecessary, but oh so funny!)
- Wooly Bison
If you’d like to see the full list of vendors before you go click here.
So get your gift giving lists together, and remember it’s never too early to plan for the winter holidays.
After all that shopping I’m sure you’ll be hungry. Just around the corner, near the Experience Music Project, Seattle is hosting a Mobile Chowdown on Saturday, July 10th beginning at 11:00am. Some of the best street eats from Seattle & Portland will be there.
Oh! And in case you think the heat will keep you away, think again. The exhibition hall is air conditioned and there’s a vendor selling ice cream! Mmmm!
Also, don’t forget to watch the World Cup Sunday, 11:30am PDT on ABC. With the way Germany had been playing, I was really thinking they were going to be in the finals. Let’s hope they can take 3rd. I know I should be cheering on Spain in the final match, that’s what my sister would want anyway, but The Netherlands have been on fire!